Sunday, August 15, 2004

 

Opening ceremonies from Canada Olympic house

I didn't get into the ceremony but we watched the CBC feed projected on a nearby wall of the rooftop patio of Canada Olympic House (COH) which is in Plaka (which also means we had a GREAT view of the Acropolis). 

We in this case means JP who is Mark and John's sport psycholgist and Paul who is a producer with CBC sports journal. We sat in front of Justin Trudeau who whooped it up throughout the night including leading us in a loud cheer for the Russians as they marched into the sta(their contingent was also on a rooftop shouting distance away). They seemed to like that and Justin jogged over to do a shot of vodka with them! Turns out Justin was a former vball player in high school so interviewed him at beach vball the next day.

Tomorrow I'm doing on interview at COH with Judoka Amy Cotton who is from the same small town in Cape Breton I grew up.

I'll give you some beach vb pics and audio interviews from today when I get to the main press center tomorrow.


Comments:
Canada House! I'm in search of information on the Houses of the Olympics, and your Blog was the first mention that I have found. I wanted to know if there is an "American House"? I was hoping to start one, but didn't get any support. In SLC2002, I went to Norway House, Swiss House, Germany (Therigen) House, French House, and Dutch House. Every House is different ... how many houses are in Athens, and how are they different?
 
Canada House! I'm in search of information on the Houses of the Olympics, and your Blog was the first mention that I have found. I wanted to know if there is an "American House"? I was hoping to start one, but didn't get any support. In SLC2002, I went to Norway House, Swiss House, Germany (Therigen) House, French House, and Holland "Heineken" House. Every House is different ... how many houses are in Athens, and how are they different?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?